ROLE OF ACTIVITY
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
YOU WILL BE PROVIDED WITH LESSON PLANS AND DRILL SUGGESTIONS.
- You will stay at one station for the duration of the evening. e.g. soccer.
- Keep the stations organized, running various drills or games.
- Ensure the kids are having fun and playing fair.
WHAT IS MY ROLE AS A PARENT/GUARDIAN?
Cyberkids Sports is 100% managed and organized by parent volunteers. That's you! We need your help. There are many ways to get involved.
- Activity Instructors: an individual (or team of individuals) who runs one of the Cyberkids Sports activities: t-ball, soccer, field games or other activities that we might try out. Instructors help to keep the stations organized, run drills and ensure kids are having fun and playing fair. These individuals are asked to stay with the activity for the whole night and not rotate with the teams. Don’t worry, Instructors will be provided with program materials and instructions! No experience necessary. Each station requires 2-3 instructors, so consider talking to other parents about running a station together.
There is a need for the following Activity Instructors (backups needed too):
- Wednesday (JK/SK): Soccer, Field Games, T-Ball
- Thursday (Gr 1 & 2): Soccer, Field Games, Underhand pitch softball
- Team Coaches: The primary roles of a Team Coach is to monitor the children on your team, ensure they are participating and having fun, and help to move them from one activity to another. Team Coaches are asked to assist Instructors by participating in drills, helping to keep their team stay focused while also providing encouragement and positive reinforcement. Each team requires 4 to 6 coaches. No experience necessary.
- BBQ/Potluck Shoppers and Day-of Volunteers: The annual September Cyberkids Sports BBQ/Potluck is a lot of fun, but is also a lot to organize. This year’s BBQ will be held on Thursday, September 13th (with a rain date of Thurs. Sept. 20th). We are on the lookout for shoppers and volunteers to help set-up, cook, serve and take-down/clean-up on the day of the event.
- Freezies: Each week a different parent volunteer will organize the freezies for ALL kids for one evening session.